Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Ears of My Heart!




CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO BLOG

If you have ears, listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. I will let everyone who wins the victory eat from the life-giving tree in God's wonderful garden.

Revelation 2:7

I only have one ear that works.  A few years ago my right ear became totally deaf.  Frankly, it was a very "big deal" to not be able to tell the direction from which a sound was coming.  With only one working ear I also cannot appreciate Stereo music.

But even with only one ear I can still listen to what the Spirit of God is saying.  In fact, the Spirit can speak clearly to someone who is deaf in both ears!  

There is a big difference between my physical ears and the ears of my heart.  I listen to the Holy Spirit with the ears of my heart!  When my heart is deaf, it is not because of a loud noise or an illness.  When my heart cannot hear it is often because of sin.  Sin takes away my ability to hear the Spirit as He speaks to my heart! 

Repentance is the hearing aid of your heart!  When you repent of your sin, the message of God for your heart begins to come through, loud and clear!  

It is also hard to hear God when the volume of the noise of this world is turned up loud.  Repent of your sin and turn down the world so you can hear the Lord today!  If you refuse sin and carefully listen you will hear Him!  

"Lord Jesus, help me today to hear what Your Spirit is speaking to my heart.  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment