Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Before Your Next Breath




Click here to listen to blog

Every time I think of you, I thank my God.  And whenever I mention you in my prayers, it makes me happy.  This is because you have taken part with me in spreading the good news from the first day you heard about it.  God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won't stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns.

Philippians 1:3-6

After you hear about Jesus, how long should you wait to tell someone else about the Good News of Jesus Christ?  The Philippian christians began telling other people about Jesus on the very day they heard it themselves!

God began the "good work" of encouraging them to tell others about the Lord!  That "good work" won't be finished until the Day that Jesus returns!  So if today is the Day and Jesus will return this afternoon, there are still people who need to hear the Gospel this morning!  It may indeed be that there will be those who come to Christ and then before their next breath the trumpet will sound! 

So instead of looking to the sky to catch the first glimpse of the Second Coming, look around you to catch the attention of someone who is not yet ready to hear the Trumpet Sound!  Fishing for men does not stop until Jesus touches down on that amazing day!

"Lord Jesus, show me someone today who needs to hear about Your Love and give me the courage to speak Your Words to their heart.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment