Saturday, March 16, 2019

This Morning's Testimony




Click here to listen to blog

I ask the glorious Father and God of our Lord Jesus Christ to give you his Spirit. The Spirit will make you wise and let you understand what it means to know God.


Ephesians 1:17

When you meet someone, only once you usually don't proclaim to others that you know them.  I have met a few people who were well known in the world, but my one time encounter did not give me the right to say, "I know him!"

I have met a man who was the president of a country, a movie star, a rather famous singer, and many other people who were well known for the lives they lived.  But none of those meetings gave me the right to say that I know those people.

"Knowing" someone means much more than a one time meeting.  Knowing God means much more than meeting Him once!  When someone gives their "testimony" about when they met Jesus many years ago, it does not mean that they really know Him!  Knowing Jesus is not a one time meeting.  Knowing Jesus is an ongoing relationship that lasts until you leave this world and beyond!

If you know Jesus, your every day is involved with Him.  He is on your mind when you wake in the morning.  You think about Him as you walk through your day, and He is the last thing you ponder as you lay down to sleep at night.  

Of course, meeting Jesus the first time is important and you will remember it, but being with Jesus every day is what your life is all about!  When you "give your testimony" and tell about the first time you met Jesus, be sure and include the story about your meeting with Him this morning!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to know more about what it means to know You and the Father.  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment