Monday, March 25, 2019

The Way You Feel





Click Here to Listen to Blog

Jesus knew that they had some questions, so he said: You are wondering what I meant when I said that for a little while you won't see me, but after a while you will see me.  I tell you for certain that you will cry and be sad, but the world will be happy. You will be sad, but later you will be happy.  When a woman is about to give birth, she is in great pain. But after it is all over, she forgets the pain and is happy, because she has brought a child into the world.  You are now very sad. But later I will see you, and you will be so happy that no one will be able to change the way you feel.

John 16:19-22

After a traumatic experience, like a death in the family or a serious accident, a counselor may ask you how it makes you feel.  Feelings are an important part of life itself.  If you feel sad, life is hard and every day can be a burden.  If you feel happy you can go on through very challenging times without being overcome by your problems.

When you meet Jesus, the Joy of the Lord becomes part of your life, every day.  Satan cannot steal your salvation, but he will try to take away your joy!  The Devil will use every lie he can imagine to make your witness to the world around you ineffective!  

Once you have come to know Jesus Christ, you can have joy even in the most trying circumstances.  The Bible even speaks of "Joy" in relation to Jesus going to the Cross.  Pain and suffering, heart ache, difficulties and grief, sickness and death will come to all of us as human beings, but because we know Jesus we can hold on to "Joy" through it all.

I can personally say that the most frequent temptation, after meeting Jesus and discovering the greatest joy ever, is the temptation to let the daily circumstances of life steal the joy that came when I met the Lord.

Without the Joy of the Lord in my life, my faith can be easily discredited by the world around me.  But with His Joy my life screams that Jesus is real and the promise of Heaven is True!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to hold on to the Joy that only comes from You.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."




No comments:

Post a Comment