Friday, March 29, 2019

Keep It Secret





Click here to listen to blog

I saw another powerful angel come down from heaven. This one was covered with a cloud, and a rainbow was over his head. His face was like the sun, his legs were like columns of fire, and with his hand he held a little scroll that had been unrolled. He stood there with his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land.  Then he shouted with a voice that sounded like a growling lion. Thunder roared seven times.  After the thunder stopped, I was about to write what it had said. But a voice from heaven shouted, "Keep it secret! Don't write these things."  The angel I had seen standing on the sea and the land then held his right hand up toward heaven.  He made a promise in the name of God who lives forever and who created heaven, earth, the sea, and every living creature. The angel said, "You won't have to wait any longer.  God told his secret plans to his servants the prophets, and it will all happen by the time the seventh angel sounds his trumpet."

Revelation 10:1-7

I would like to briefly consider two questions.  First, does God ever tell secrets to His servants?  Secondly, if the answer is Yes, then why would God tell a man something that he should not pass on to others?

For years I have thought that if I heard God say something, it was my responsibility to pass those Words on to as many people as possible.  These verses clearly indicate that sometimes God speaks for my ears only!  

I believe that His communication that is just for you is an important part of the very personal relationship that you can have with Jesus!  I can't imagine calling someone "friend" and then telling everyone else everything your friend says to you!

The truth is that you are very special to Jesus and He wants to hear what is in your heart! And He will tell you what is in His!  

Yes, we must proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone on earth, but sometimes He tells us something and then says, as He did to the author of Revelation "Keep It Secret!"

"Lord Jesus, may I keep secret the things that You don't want me to share with others.  But Lord, give the courage to shout from the mountain tops the Good News of the Cross and Your Precious Blood.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment