Monday, December 14, 2009

God’s Yogurt Starter!


And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

1 Thessalonians 2:13

I make my own yogurt. Actually, I have a “yogurt maker” and I follow a few simple instructions and then I have seven new jars of yogurt. But truthfully I don’t make yogurt at all. What I do is take a bit of yogurt and put it in warm milk that has been heated enough to kill everything else that might grow in it. After it cools to just the right temperature I mix in a little yogurt with active cultures and keep the concoction warm for about eight hours. The yogurt I put in the milk grows and turns all the milk into yogurt.

So as you can see, I don’t make yogurt. All I do is provide a medium in which the yogurt can grow and take over the milk!

The Word of God is like yogurt. When you purge your heart of every other allegiance and let the Word of God grow inside, you are changed just like milk is changed into yogurt. Like making yogurt, when your heart is polluted with the “bacteria” of the world the Word of God will not grow and permeate your life.

As Adam and Eve found out it only takes one bite of the forbidden fruit to stop the work of God’s Spirit in your life. God provides all you need of spiritual food. Stay satisfied with His Word and don’t touch the world’s pollution. If you have already touched the pollution of this world, ask God to purge it from your life so His life can grow in you and control your every word, thought and deed!

No comments:

Post a Comment