Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Too Tall to Fall!


This is what he showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in his hand. And the LORD asked me, "What do you see, Amos?"
"A plumb line," I replied.
Then the Lord said, "Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.

Amos 7:7-8


Gravity is an amazingly reliable force. Gravity pulls everything on earth toward the center of the earth. For as long as men have been building walls and buildings the force of gravity on a plumb line insures that the construction is perfectly vertical.

The Leaning Tower of Pisa is a famous example of a structure that is not plumb. Construction on the Tower began in 1173 and had only three floors when it started to lean. But in spite of that fact the construction went on for 177 years.

The reason the Tower of Pisa became the Leaning Tower of Pisa is that the foundation was poorly laid in unstable sub-soil. Over the years and as recently as the 1990’s extensive efforts were made to keep the tower from falling.

As God overseas the building of my life and yours there is the plumb line of His Word. When I stray from the Word of God my life begins to lean precariously. If I continue to build with my life “out of plumb” I will fall.

Then the Lord said, "Look, I am setting a plumb line among my people Israel; I will spare them no longer.”

As your continue to grow in the Lord it is crucial that you check the plumb line of His Word and make sure that you are not becoming a leaning tower. Never forget there is no tower that is too tall to fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment