Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God’s Deaf Ear!


To you I call, O LORD my Rock;
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who have gone down to the pit.

Psalm 28:1


I don’t know the details of the story, but when my father was only four years old, somehow he fell down in the street and a horse drawn wagon ran over his head. The accident left him unscarred but permanently deaf in one ear. My father passed away almost twenty two years ago, but if I remember correctly his deaf ear was his right one. That explains why my mother would always use a loud voice when talking to him while sitting in the right front passenger seat of the car. Actually, my mother used a loud voice on many occasions. It is one of the things she left for me to carry on!

So even as a very small child I quickly learned that if I wanted to whisper something to my father it would do no good to speak the words into his right ear.

Please don’t get too philosophical about what I’m about to say, but God Himself has a deaf ear. Like the horse drawn wagon that ran over my father when he was four a Satan drawn carriage of Sin ran over God in the Garden of Eden. Since that day God has been deaf to the cries of sinful man. The Righteousness of God will show no mercy to a plea from a man of sin. There will be no one in heaven that arrives in Eternal Glory because of the pity of God. The collective cry of everyone in the bowels of Hell will not move God to send one drop of cooling relief.

With the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem the only hope of heaven came to man. God has no deaf ear when it comes to Jesus. Sin never touched Jesus so that God would not hear His cries. The only time God ignored the cry of Jesus was when Jesus took my place and my punishment. It is a simple equation. Sin will not go unpunished. When I came to Jesus and became one with Him, I did the sin and Jesus did the time!

Does it still bother me that so many billions of people do not know Jesus and will spend eternity separated from His Glory? The answer is yes it does and it troubled Jesus as well. For every lost and dying sinful man Jesus is the answer. He is the only way to approach God and receive mercy. Jesus is the answer. My task is to let the world know what Jesus did so that God will hear their cry!

If you cling on to your sin and cry out to God you are addressing the Father in His deaf ear. Repentance and being “in Christ” opens the ear of God to your every whisper!

No comments:

Post a Comment