Friday, January 1, 2010

Guided Into All Truth!


"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.”

John 16:12-14

I hate Karaoke! Karaoke is a way for the entire world to see that I cannot sing in the smooth and captivating way I have always wanted to! In a very real sense I cannot bear the truth about my ability as a vocal musician.

Jesus said in John 16 that his disciples would not be able to bear the truth that He could speak to their lives. But He said the Holy Spirit would come and guide them “into all truth.”

In some ways the Holy Spirit is like a language translator. The Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of believers and helps them understand the things of God that otherwise would be unbearable. When Jesus said the Spirit would “guide” us into all truth the implication is that it is a process. Step by step the Holy Spirit reveals the things of Jesus to His disciples.

Like a good mystery novel the unknowns of life itself are revealed to God’s children as they journey across the span of years allotted by God. Many of the things I know now would have been unbearable truths when I was very young.

You can know for sure that the store of unrevealed truth is a bottomless well of amazing reality. The greatest imagination of man cannot even approach the wonder of Eternal Truth!

When I was a child I remember being asked by my father: “What did you learn in school today?”

As the Holy Spirit fills and guides your life into all Truth, your Heavenly Father asks the same question: “What did you learn in life today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment