Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You Are Finished!

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 21:5-6

I am a man of unfinished projects! I can dream up a useful and even necessary activity with the active imagination God has given me. It is no problem for me to brainstorm how to address a specific need. I can even start the job and plow the ground to get it underway. But when it comes to finishing I fall short with the best of them!

The mundane, day to day execution of the work often loses my interest and I am tempted to turn to the more exciting activity of starting something new. The best example of my procrastination was a small bathroom renovation that took two years to finish.

God is not like me. He always finishes the job he starts. He never leaves an unfinished job forever! When Jesus hung on the Cross His last words were “It is finished.” Jesus was given a job to do on this earth and He completed its every detail.

When you gave your life to God and became a follower of Jesus, the Holy Spirit moved in and began a work in your life. Every day since that moment you have been a project that God will complete!

That’s why you have been going through these difficulties. You are seated squarely on God’s workbench and His tools are forming and shaping you into the image of His Son!

There was a song some years ago with the lyric: “He’s still working on me!” There will be a day when Jesus will look at you and declare to all Eternity, YOU ARE FINISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment