Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Controlled by a Good Gift!

“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"
Luke 11:13
How good is the gift of the Holy Spirit? Is the Holy Spirit simply a great help for tough times, or is a Christian's life completely controlled by the Holy Spirit of God?

If for me the Holy Spirit is like a reserve gas tank to get me through to the end when I run completely out of gas, then I am missing the point. When I am "filled" with the Spirit every part of me is saturated with the Holy Water of God. I can't take a breath or a step without considering the presence of the Holy Spirit. My body sleeps, but the Holy Spirit does not. He works in me during my waking hours and during my sleep. He is my navigation system, the engine in my car and the fuel that runs it.
With the Holy Spirit in my life I ultimately fade into the background as I watch Him work and direct my every step.

"Lord continually give me your Holy Spirit so that I may be fully controlled by even Your smallest desire!"

No comments:

Post a Comment