Friday, March 4, 2011

Do I Really Love Jesus More than Life?

“He who testifies about these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly."
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”

Revelation 22:20

If Jesus comes back before I die I'm not sure I could live through the excitement!


An ordinary day by all accounts. In fact it will be every hour of the day or night somewhere on earth when Jesus comes. And unless He comes at the stroke of midnight on the international date line He will come on two days at once!

If I am completely honest I must admit that I desire the coming of Jesus more when things get really bad here on earth.  When things here are good I want Him to wait a while before He comes.  But isn't that a sad commentary about my love for Jesus.  It simply means that I desire Jesus less than the good life here on earth!


Lord please move on my heart to desire You more than the best this life on earth has to offer.  Let me desire you more than health, or money, or fame, or friends, or success.

Show me the splendor of Your face and the glory of where You dwell.
Lord, being with You will be beyond the imagination of any man.  Touch my heart and mind with a sample of what it will be like to worship in Your presence.  And Lord help me to believe that very soon You will come or I will go and stand before Your Throne in Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment