Thursday, March 10, 2011

God Speaks to Fish!

Then the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.
Jonah 2:10
When God speaks to a fish it immediately obeys the Word of Almighty God. That's how Jonah got back on dry ground.

I never really think about God speaking to animals today, but God is the same yesterday, today and forever so why would He have quit speaking to His animal creations? What God says to animals is certainly a mystery, but I believe there is evidence that He is still speaking. We have our three year old Cairn Terrier in obedience training. Our instructor confessed at one of the sessions that dogs are able to do and know things for which there is no human explanation. For me the simple answer is that God still speaks to animals!
When God speaks to an animal it is expected that the animal will do what God wills. But when God speaks to me it is expected that I will try my best to do something else, just like Jonah!
Like my dog, God has me in obedience training. My job is to watch for the movement of His hand and to listen for the sound of His voice. When I do I must say no to my natural rebellion and obey.
Our dog trainer also said that for my dog obedience training is a life-long, daily process. The same is true with me and God. As long as I live on this earth I am in training as I learn to obey every command of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment