Thursday, July 11, 2013

Constant Companion

Click Here to Listen to Blog

Only God gives inward peace,
and I depend on him.

God alone is the mighty rock
that keeps me safe,
and he is the fortress
where I feel secure.

God saves me and honors me.
He is that mighty rock
where I find safety.

Trust God, my friends,
and always tell him
each one of your concerns.
God is our place of safety.

Psalm 62:5-8

Are you a secret admirer of God? You know Jesus exists and you really think He is wonderful and to be used as an example of how to live your life, but you have never let Him become your constant companion in life.

Knowing about Jesus is not the same as knowing Jesus. Even the idea of WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) misses the mark. The question is not what would Jesus do if He were here, it is rather what will you let Jesus do through you since He is here!

Jesus wants to be your permanent companion, not just someone to be admired from afar. Jesus wants to work with you, rest with you, play with you and literally be with you always. That is what He promised and that is what He desires.

Great sin is terrible and must be avoided, but just as harmful is ignoring Jesus in the quiet moments of your life. The best way to avoid sin is to walk hand in hand with Jesus and lean upon Him every step that you take. Talk to Jesus all the time and allow yourself to become obsessed with the Son of God!

"Jesus, I have wandered from You in my heart as I live even moments without thinking of You and being aware of Your presence. Help me Lord today to be comforted, strengthened, and made wise by Your presence in my life and may I not forget You even one minute of this day! Amen."







No comments:

Post a Comment