Monday, July 29, 2013

Let Go of the Blanket

Click here to listen to blog
But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless.  Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ. All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:7-11

An inexpensive piece of cloth becomes a treasured possession when it is fashioned into a baby blanket. I once saw a young child carrying a tiny piece of cloth had had been cut in half several times by a loving parent trying to wean the child from needing the blanket. As every child grows there comes a point when he doesn't need that blanket for comfort.

As a Christian what have you been holding on to instead of Jesus? It may be your savings, or your house, or your job or retirement plan. Those things are not evil, but if you are trusting in them instead of trusting in Jesus then your Loving Father in Heaven may cut them in half or take them away altogether!

"Lord Jesus help me to find comfort and rest in You and nothing and no one else! Show me something today that I can quit holding on to in this world. Thank You Jesus. Amen!"

(First appeared November 10, 2012)




No comments:

Post a Comment