Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fountain of Blood!

In the future there will be a fountain, where David's descendants and the people of Jerusalem can wash away their sin and guilt.

The Lord All-Powerful says:

When that time comes, I will get rid of every idol in the country, and they will be forgotten forever. I will also do away with their prophets and those evil spirits that control them.

Zechariah 13:1-2

In the late 1700's William Cowper wrote: "There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emanuel's veins. And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains."

The truth of those words lives on today. Jesus satisfied the justice of God so that we can bask in His love and forgiveness. There is nothing more Amazing than the Grace of God poured out on sinners! Our own righteousness is useless. Filthy rags are more valuable than human righteousness.

I get caught up in doctrine, theology, church, culture and even right living and completely forget that without the Blood of Jesus washing me clean, none of those things would make any difference at all!

It is the fountain filled with the Blood of Jesus that washes me clean so I can stand before Almighty God forever! The Blood of Jesus is the only remedy for the inevitably tragic fate of all mankind. Nothing but the Blood of Jesus can even begin to remove the stains of sin.

"Lord, I come to You needing to be washed by Your Blood. My sin has no other cure than Your precious Blood. Thank You Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment