Tuesday, December 25, 2012

How to Stop Sinning!

"The people who lived through these terrible troubles did not turn away from the idols they had made, and they did not stop worshiping demons. They kept on worshiping idols that were made of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood. Not one of these idols could see, hear, or walk. No one stopped murdering or practicing witchcraft or being immoral or stealing."
Revelation 9:20, 21
What does it take to stop a man from sinning?
The world believes that education is the answer to everything! If there is a problem with illicit sex then we need more sex education. If drugs is the problem then drug education should fix it, right? But education is not the motivation for righteousness.
Knowing more about sin is not the way to keep from doing it. In fact, education may have the opposite effect. If I were to be trained in all the aspects of safe cracking and bank robbery it would not make it less likely that I would rob a bank. I might then even be more likely to try my hand at the crime.
Don't forget the first sin was eating of the tree of the "knowledge of good and evil." Knowing about evil is not a deterrent even as knowing good doesn't mean you will do it.
If you want to stop sinning the only way to do it is to get to know Jesus better and better everyday. Knowing Jesus will keep you from sinning and knowing Jesus will prompt you to do the right things everyday.

"Lord, I want to know You more today than I did yesterday. Keep me from knowing sin and help me forget the sin that I have come to know so well. May all my thoughts be filled with the wonders of Your love! Amen."
-

No comments:

Post a Comment