Friday, December 14, 2012

Not a Substitute!

Click here to listen to blog

Moses said a person could become acceptable to God by obeying the Law. He did this when he wrote, “If you want to live, you must do all the Law commands.”

But people whose faith makes them acceptable to God will never ask, “Who will go up to heaven to bring Christ down?”  Neither will they ask, “Who will go down into the world of the dead to raise him to life?”

All who are acceptable because of their faith simply say, “The message is as near as your mouth or your heart.” And this is the same message we preach about faith.  So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death.  God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

The Scriptures say no one who has faith will be disappointed, no matter if that person is a Jew or a Gentile. There is only one Lord, and he is generous to everyone who asks for his help.  All who call out to the Lord will be saved.

Romans 10:5-13

As a parent of six children I can guarantee you that I frequently made errors in judgment in relating to my children. Sometimes I disciplined too harshly and then i might not apply any punishment at all when it was really needed.

But my love for my children never changed. I loved the most obedient child the same as the most rebellious. Rebellion meant that I could not show my love in the same way but the love was the same.

Some Christians are like the child who obeys his father, but in his heart he is standing against God in every way. Others have their hearts turned toward Jesus, but frequently fail in their obedience. The goal of course is to be both committed and obedient. But of first importance is your heart. If your heart is not right toward God then nothing else matters.

"Lord, I call on Your name with all my heart. May my obedience to Your commands be an evidence of the right relationship I have with You and not a substitute for it. Thank You Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment