Sunday, December 16, 2012

Incomplete Obedience!

Click here to listen to blog.

This is what you must write to the angel of the church in Sardis:

I have the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. Listen to what I say.

I know what you are doing. Everyone may think you are alive, but you are dead. Wake up! You have only a little strength left, and it is almost gone. So try to become stronger. I have found that you are not completely obeying God.  Remember the teaching you were given and heard. Hold firmly to it and turn from your sins. If you don't wake up, I will come when you least expect it, just as a thief does.

A few of you in Sardis have not dirtied your clothes with sin. You will walk with me in white clothes, because you are worthy. Everyone who wins the victory will wear white clothes. Their names will not be erased from the book of life, and I will tell my Father and his angels that they are my followers.

If you have ears, listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.

Revelation 3:1-6

Years ago there was a military raid into Iran in an attempt to free the Americans who were being held hostage at the United States embassy. The mission was aborted when two helicopters ran into each other on the ground in a sand storm. The U.S. President called the effort an "incomplete success!"  That means the mission failed. It was a creative way of trying to put a better face on the tragic outcome.

What about your obedience to the Word of God? Are you obeying God completely or is your response to God's Word an "incomplete success?"

Instead of using these last days in searching the scriptures for prophetic references about the return of Jesus why not search the Word to discover another way you can be completely obedient to it? Of course you should keep watching the sky, but more importantly keep doing the things that God's Word encourages you to do. Then when He comes you will be working in His Harvest field! There would be no better place to be when Jesus returns!

"Lord, I know You are coming soon and I also know that there are those who still have not turned their hearts to You even at this late hour. Use me today Lord to bring someone else to the point of decision! Thank You Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment