Sunday, November 2, 2014

Choose Your Engine

Click here to listen to blog

I want you to know about the great and mighty power that God has for us followers. It is the same wonderful power he used  when he raised Christ from death and let him sit at his right side in heaven.  There Christ rules over all forces, authorities, powers, and rulers. He rules over all beings in this world and will rule in the future world as well.

Ephesians 1:19-21

Have you ever seen a large boat with a small "trolling" motor hanging over the stern? Using only a relatively weak engine the boat is able to move slowly through the water while the fishermen search for a catch. But when needed, they turn off the trolling motor and start the very powerful engine deep inside the boat.


A life lived only in the power of the "fleshly man" is like that boat cruising through rough waters with only the trolling motor. You can move through life and accomplish some things, but it is nothing compared to allowing the Holy Spirit of God to empower your every step!


These Bible verses even say that the power that is available to you as a follower of Jesus Christ is the same power that God used to raise Jesus from death and let Him sit at the right side of God in Heaven! I must confess that I don't even begin to comprehend the full extent of what that means. If the Resurrection and Ascension Power is there for me, then what difference should that make in my life? It does mean that I have the Power to be victorious over everything that might come my way!


So are you navigating through the stormy water of this life using only a small trolling motor for the power to move? Or are you trusting in Jesus to empower you by His Spirit to move surely and swiftly through all the rough seas of life? The difference between the successful and victorious Christian and one who is not is whether or not God's Power is the "engine of choice!" You can choose to run your life on your own power or by the Power of God's Spirit. The difference will be quite evident to everyone!


"Lord Jesus, I choose today to run my life with Your Power and not my own. Strengthen me in my resolve to let the Holy Spirit be the driving force of everything I do, today and forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment