Monday, November 10, 2014

When God Breathes!

Click here to listen to blog

But don't be fooled! People will rebel against God. Then before the Lord returns, the wicked one who is doomed to be destroyed will appear.   He will brag and oppose everything holy or sacred. He will even sit in God's temple and claim to be God.  Don't you remember I told you this while I was still with you?

You already know what is holding this wicked one back until it is time for him to come.  His mysterious power is already at work, but someone is holding him back. And the wicked one won't appear until this someone is out of the way.   Then he will appear, but the Lord Jesus will kill him simply by breathing on him. He will be completely destroyed by the Lord's glorious return.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-8

"When your father gets home he will take care of it!" That was the threat my mother would often use when my brother and I were not being obedient. And it worked! Even the thought of my father's disciple would insure that we would obey our mother.
When Jesus Christ returns, He will destroy the "wicked one" by simply breathing on him. At the beginning it was the breath of God that brought life to a lump of clay, and when Jesus returns it will be His breath that will kill the "wicked one."


When the wind blows, I am reminded of the breath of God. A soft warm wind is peaceful and calms my heart. But a strong wind can blow away everything I have in only a second or two. When God breathes on you it will either bring life, or it will destroy you.


Don't be upset by wicked and evil men. Don't despair even if you think you see today the truly "wicked one" described in the Bible! Evil will not win in the End. Jesus will return as He said He would and His breath will destroy the wicked one!


When I had been disobedient to my mother as a child, I feared the return of my father. But when I was obedient I longed for his home coming! If you are disobedient to God, you most certainly fear the return of Jesus Christ. But if you obey His every Word, your heart will long to see Him coming with the clouds!


"Lord Jesus, help me to be obedient to You today so that Your breath will be a soft and peaceful breeze and Your coming something I long for! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment