Friday, June 12, 2015

All I Want!

All I Want!
Click here to listen to blog


Your advice has been my guide,and later you will welcome me in glory.In heaven I have only you,and on this earth you are all I want.My body and mind may fail,but you are my strength and my choice forever.

Psalm 73:24-26

Aladdin's three wishes have prompted the imagination of many story tellers over the years.

If you could have anything you wanted on this earth what would it be? Would you want fame and fortune, or perhaps you would simply desire to live a happy and peaceful life? 

Would you want a beautiful or handsome spouse? What about success and respect in your field of work? 

The writer of Psalm 73 says that God is all he wanted on this earth! Consider this: If God is the only thing you truly want on this earth, then your wishes will come true! Jesus promised that He will be with you always, even to the end of the world! No one, not even Satan himself can take Jesus away from you! So if all you want is Jesus, then you will have everything you want!

Yesterday, a dear friend left this earth after living only 63 years! She now knows why it makes total sense to want only Jesus on this earth! Every blessing we have on earth is a gift from the giver of life itself! Although Kathy is absent from the body, she is now and forever will be present with the Lord! 

So the challenge for me is this: How much do I want Jesus and how much do I want the things of this world? May I every day let go of some of my desire for the things of this world and grab hold of Jesus. May I grow to the point of wanting only Jesus here on this earth and then forever!

"Lord Jesus, I want to want You more than anything else! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment