Saturday, June 20, 2015

Seeing and Hearing Without Paying Attention!



You people are deaf and blind,but the Lord commands you to listen and to see.  No one is as blind or deaf as his messenger, his chosen servant, who sees and hears so much,but pays no attention.

Isaiah 42:18-20

When a bridge is out, you will almost always see the signs warning you of the danger!  Sometimes there will be a concrete barrier that will keep you from running off of the road and into a river.  But more often than not there will just be the warning signs, and it is up to you to pay attention to the signs and stop before you find yourself in danger and distress!

It is not uncommon today to hear a follower of Jesus talk about the signs of the End Times.  There is plenty going on in the world today that warns us of troubling  things to come.   The bridge to a brighter future in this world has washed out and the Word of God is warning everyone to turn around before they plunge into the river of Eternal Death!

The question I must ask myself is this: How am I living my life differently because of the signs I see of coming trouble and perhaps the return of Jesus on the near horizon?  If I see and hear but pay no attention, how am I better off than those who don't see at all?

"Lord Jesus, show me today how to be obedient to every Word that comes from You!  And may You, Lord Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment