Monday, June 1, 2015

When We Please God!


Click here to listen to blog.
The Lord has a reason for everything he does, and he lets evil people live only to be punished.   The Lord doesn't like anyone who is conceited—you can be sure they will be punished.   If we truly love God, our sins will be forgiven; if we show him respect, we will keep away from sin.   When we please the Lord, even our enemies make friends with us.    It's better to be honest and poor than to be dishonest and rich.   We make our own plans, but the Lord decides where we will go.

Proverbs 16:4-9

If I were God it would not be difficult for me to understand the rather complicated relationship between God and men!  But I am not God and my mental capabilities are limited since I am the "created" and not the Creator! 

How can it be that when I please God, He makes even my enemies to make friends with me?  So if I want to live "at peace" with those around me who would be my enemies I must seek to please God rather than pleasing my enemies!  History has shown that appeasing an enemy does not cause him to become your friend.  But when I live my life in a way that is pleasing to God, He changes my enemies into friends!

I cannot think of a nation that was striving to please God and was overrun by her enemies while living in that pleasing relationship with the Creator!  It seems that godly nations first turn away from God and then are defeated by their enemies!

Being at Peace with God brings peace with those who would be your enemies!  Of course, the godly still suffer persecution, but you can be persecuted and at peace at the same time!


"Lord Jesus, help me to seek to please You today in everything I do!  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment