Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Never Too Small For God!

Click here to listen to blog.

One day the prophets said to Elisha, “The place where we meet with you is too small.Why don't we build a new meeting place near the Jordan River? Each of us could get some wood, then we could build it.”“That's a good idea,” Elisha replied, “get started.”“Aren't you going with us?” one of the prophets asked.“Yes, I'll go,” Elisha answered, and he left with them.They went to the Jordan River and began chopping down trees.While one of the prophets was working, his ax head fell off and dropped into the water. “Oh!” he shouted. “Sir, I borrowed this ax.”“Where did it fall in?” Elisha asked. The prophet pointed to the place, and Elisha cut a stick and threw it into the water at that spot. The ax head floated to the top of the water.“Now get it,” Elisha told him. And the prophet reached in and grabbed it.2 Kings 6:1-7
Every time I read this story I ask myself why God would include a story about a floating ax head in the Bible.  What great spiritual lesson can we glean from this expression of the power of God?

The power of God in your life as a follower of Jesus Christ is not just for the "big, important" things!  God is certainly willing that His power be seen even in the small things in your life.  I believe there is nothing too small to pray about.  If something concerns you it is not inappropriate in the least to bring the matter to God in prayer!  

The best way to be ready to trust God in the big things of life, is to trust Him every day in the little things.  If you talk to God about the "little" stuff of life, then it will be a natural response to call on Him when the serious problems arrive!  

"Lord Jesus, help me today to invite You into even the small problems that confront me this day.  When I lose my ax head in the water today, send Your power to make it float!  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment