Monday, June 15, 2015

No Nameless Stars!


Click here to listen to blog

No Nameless Stars!

Don't you know?Haven't you heard?  Hasn't it been clear since the time of creation?  God is the one who rules the whole earth, and we that live here are merely insects.  He spread out the heavens like a curtain or an open tent.God brings down rulers and turns them into nothing.They are like flowers freshly sprung up and starting to grow.  But when God blows on them,they wilt and are carried off like straw in a storm.  The holy God asks,“Who compares with me? Is anyone my equal?” Look at the evening sky!  Who created the stars?  Who gave them each a name?  Who leads them like an army?  The Lord is so powerful that none of the stars are ever missing.

Isaiah 40:21-26

When I see all the evil in the world today, I am tempted to believe that Satan is the one who is ruling the world!  He is not!

The Evil one did not create the world and all the beings that live in it.  He did not set up the "laws of nature" that keep the earth in it's place and insure that green plants are able to grow year after year and provide food for all of mankind.  The devil is not the author of life and cannot give "good and perfect" gifts to those who follow him, and he did not name the stars!

The next time you look at the evening sky and see the stars consider this: Every little point of light in the heavens not only was created by God, but has a name that He gave it!

A number of years ago someone offered to name the stars as a way to make money!  If you would send them money, they would publish your name as the name of a star!  It sounds like a good idea, except for the fact that the stars are already named, everyone of them!

God paid attention to every detail of Creation!  He even named the stars!  And the same God who named the stars, knows your name and mine!  He knows when I am happy and when I am sad.  God knows the desires of my heart and He knows my weaknesses. There is nothing about me that is unknown to God!

 "Lord Jesus, I once again give You the heart that You gave me and that You know better than even I know myself!  And I praise You Lord because when I look up at the evening sky there are no nameless stars!  You call them all by name, and You call me by name as well.  May You Lord Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment