Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Greatest Thing!




What if I could speak all languages of humans and of angels? If I did not love others, I would be nothing more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  What if I could prophesy and understand all secrets and all knowledge? And what if I had faith that moved mountains? I would be nothing, unless I loved others.  What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive? I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.

1 Corinthians 13: 1 - 3

I am always impressed by a man or woman who can speak even two languages.  But I simply can’t image anyone speaking all languages!  And what about someone who could understand all secrets and literally know everything?  

Then there is a person of great faith, whose faith moves mountains.  What an awesome thing that would be!  And finally the person who sacrifices everything he has and even gives up his life.  

The truth of these verses is that the greatest achievements in this life are nothing without love!  But here is the most amazing thing about this chapter in 1 Corinthians, if you love anyone, you have already done the greatest thing in the world!  And yes, even a child can do that!


“Lord Jesus, thank You for loving me, and for letting me love You and everyone I know!  May Your Name be Praised forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment