Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Remember Levi!




I am telling you this, so I can continue to keep my agreement with your ancestor Levi.  I blessed him with a full life, as I had promised, and he kept his part of the agreement by honoring me and respecting my name.  He taught the truth and never told lies, and he led a lot of people to turn from sin, because he obeyed me and lived right.

Malachi 2: 4 - 6

Somehow, I have never really stopped to think about Levi and what it says about him in these verses from Malachi 2.  Of course, the priests were all from the tribe of Levi.  But Levi was a man of character and he lived a full life because he honored and respected the Name of the Lord!   

Levi proclaimed the truth and never told lies and many people turned away from sin because Levi lived an obedient life before the Lord!  

I would suggest that you might want to add Levi to your list of Bible characters who are good role models!  

May it be said of you that you teach the truth and never tell lies.  And may many people turn from sin because you obey the Lord!


“Lord Jesus, thank you for the example of Levi.  May his light shine brightly even today for those who follow You.  Praise Your Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment