Sunday, March 19, 2017

God We Trust!




The LORD said: I gave this land to my people Israel, but enemies around it have attacked and robbed it. So I will uproot them from their own countries just as I will uproot Judah from its land.  But later, I will have pity on these nations and bring them back to their own lands. They once taught my people to worship Baal. But if they admit I am the only true God, and if they let my people teach them how to worship me, these nations will also become my people. However, if they don't listen to me, I will uproot them from their lands and completely destroy them. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Jeremiah 12: 14 - 17

A nation that opposes God and even fights against Israel can change and become a nation that is blessed by God.  Perhaps the most significant statement ever made by the United States Government is the four simple words: IN GOD WE TRUST! 

The phrase first appeared in the fourth stanza of the Star Spangled Banner, which, of course you never hear anyone sing!  It began appearing on coins in 1864 and on paper money in 1957 after it became the official motto of the United States.  

At this point in history, anyone who opposes our declaration of dependence on God must fund the effort with money that shouts our trust in God!  Perhaps the push to move the United States to a “cashless society” is to eliminate the passing of notes and coins that declare trust in God!  

So, today, if you are an American, when you pay in cash for anything, don’t miss the opportunity to point out that the money you are giving the cashier says that our country trusts in God!  


“Lord Jesus, may we all trust You, just as it says on the United States money!  Praise Your Holy Name forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment