Sunday, March 18, 2018

At Peace in the Valley!



Click here to listen to blog

God has turned my life sour.  He made me eat gravel and rubbed me in the dirt.  I cannot find peace or remember happiness.  I tell myself, "I am finished! I can't count on the LORD to do anything for me."  Just thinking of my troubles and my lonely wandering makes me miserable.  That's all I ever think about, and I am depressed.

Then I remember something that fills me with hope.  The LORD's kindness never fails! If he had not been merciful, we would have been destroyed.  The LORD can always be trusted to show mercy each morning.  Deep in my heart I say, "The LORD is all I need; I can depend on him!"  The LORD is kind to everyone who trusts and obeys him.

Lamentations 3: 15 - 25

Why is life so hard?  We seem to spend so much time in the valleys of despair and only brief moments on the mountain tops of ecstasy.  The climb up to those heights is often slow and painful, but the descent into despair is quick and dangerous! 

As human beings our peace only comes from the circumstances of our lives.  When "things" are good and there seems to be no threat to our lives then we can be calm and quiet and at rest!  But when circumstances threaten we find ourselves back in a life of turmoil and distress!

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I can, as did the author of Lamentations "remember something that fills me with hope!"  It comes to my mind that "the Lord's kindness never fails, He shows His mercy every morning, the Lord is all I need and I can depend on Him!"

My circumstances may or may not change, but my peace returns and joy fills my heart even during the trials and troubles of this life!

"Lord Jesus, You are all I need, in this life and forever in the life to come.  May Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment