Saturday, March 17, 2018

Don't Support the World!



Click here to listen to blog

Dear friend, you have always been faithful in helping other followers of the Lord, even the ones you didn't know before.  They have told the church about your love. They say you were good enough to welcome them and to send them on their mission in a way that God's servants deserve.   When they left to tell others about the Lord, they decided not to accept help from anyone who wasn't a follower.  We must support people like them, so that we can take part in what they are doing to spread the truth.

3 John 1: 5 - 8

It is a good thing to help people who are spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world!  These verses clearly say that when we do that we become part of what they are doing.  That means we should be very careful about who we support and how.  

I suppose the question to ask yourself when you hear the report of a missionary is this: "Would I want to be partly responsible for what he or she is doing?"  If the answer is "yes," then I should help them without reservation.

But if the answer to that question is "no," then I should support them in prayer by asking God to guide them to find His Will!

A very sobering application of this truth relates to whether or not I support the world and it's rebellion against God and His Will!  A Christian boycott of the world is not to change the world, only the Holy Spirit can do that!  But to refrain from supporting the world around is so that you don't "take part in what they are doing!"  

So I must ask myself:  Am I part of what God is doing in the world, or am I part of Satan's rebellion against God and His Son, Jesus Christ?
Determine this day to do nothing that will further the kingdom of the Devil!

"Lord Jesus, I want to be part of what you are doing today, and not part of what Satan is doing!  Give me the wisdom to know the difference and the will to do it!  Praise Your Holy Name, now and forever.  Amen."   

  


No comments:

Post a Comment