Monday, March 26, 2018

Jesus Will Do Whatever You Ask!


11. Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do.

12. I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father.

13. Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.

14. I will do whatever you ask me to do.

15. Jesus said to his disciples: If you love me, you will do as I command.


John 14: 11 - 15

At some point in your Christian life you will discover verses 13 and 14 in this chapter from the Book of John.  

Again those verses say, “Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father. I will do whatever you ask me to do.”

I remember being seriously amazed that Jesus actually said such a thing.  He promised to do whatever we ask Him to do!  How could that be? 

In verse 12 Jesus said that we would do the same things He did.  What Jesus did was whatever the Father asked Him to do!  And He follows the statement that He will do whatever we ask by reminding us that if we love Him we will do whatever He commands us to do!

So if you want Jesus to do what you ask of Him, then all you must do is to do everything He asks of you!  If you seek to do His will in everything, and every day of your life, you will not be amazed to find that He does whatever you ask Him to do!  And if you seek His will every day, then what you ask of Him will be according to His will and of course He will do it!

It is a wonderful, love relationship with your Creator and Savior!

“Lord Jesus, may I do everything today that You want me to do!  And may Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment