Wednesday, March 21, 2018

God is not Deceived!



Click here to listen to blog

My people are determined to reject me for a god they think is stronger, but he can't help.  Israel, I can't let you go. I can't give you up. How could I possibly destroy you as I did the towns of Admah and Zeboiim? I just can't do it. My feelings for you are much too strong.  Israel, I won't lose my temper and destroy you again. I am the Holy God-- not merely some human, and I won't stay angry.  I, the LORD, will roar like a lion, and my children will return, trembling from the west.  They will come back, fluttering like birds from Egypt or like doves from Assyria. Then I will bring them back to their homes. I, the LORD, have spoken!  Israel is deceitful to me, their loyal and holy God; they surround me with lies, and Judah worships other gods.

Hosea 11: 7 - 12

When men lie to each other the results are confusion, distrust and turmoil.  But when men lie to God there is much more at stake!

It is certainly possible to deceive a man and cause him to believe that the lie you tell him is indeed the truth!  But no such thing is possible with God. When you lie to God, He is not deceived.  He knows that there is no truth in every deceitful word you speak or promise you make.

When a small child has cookie crumbs all over his shirt and then tells his mother that he was not the one who got in the cookies, the lie can be humorous.  But when a man or woman lies to Almighty God, there is nothing to laugh at. 

Adam and Eve began humanity's fruitless journey of trying to lie to God and every man and woman continues on that path today!  When you attempt to tell God something that is not true it is always because you want to conceal an idol of some kind!  Something in your life is more important than being honest with God! When you are tempted to lie to God about anything, stop and look for the idol in your life that is more important than God Himself.  And when you find it, get rid of it!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to be completely honest with You about everything in my life.  I want to only tell you the truth about everything!  May Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."   

No comments:

Post a Comment