Sunday, March 25, 2018

Superman with God's Power!




I am giving you a new command. You must love each other, just as I have loved you.  If you love each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples.  Simon Peter asked, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered, "You can't go with me now, but later on you will."  Peter asked, "Lord, why can't I go with you now? I would die for you!"  "Would you really die for me?" Jesus asked. "I tell you for certain that before a rooster crows, you will say three times that you don't even know me."

John 13: 34 - 38

When Peter declared that he was willing to die for Jesus, he did not realize how great was  his own weakness!  Peter thought he was strong but he was not.  Within a few hours Peter would deny three times that he even knew Jesus!  It was the darkest hour of Peter’s life.

But a few weeks after the Rooster Crowed, the Holy Spirit came upon Peter and the rest of the disciples and Peter stood before the crowd and for the first time proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

You see, it didn’t matter how weak Peter had been, when he was filled with the Holy Spirit he had the strength of God flowing through his veins!  And Peter was able to forget his fear and stand before an enormous crowd and call them to repentance and to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord of their lives.

When God calls you to become a disciple of Jesus, it does not matter how weak you are or how sinful your life was before you repented.  Jesus will send His Holy Spirit and you will be able to do anything God asks you to do.  Your power will come from God not from your own strength!  

Something like the fictional character Superman, you will look like an ordinary human being, but you will be able to do things that no “ordinary” human could do.  

Don’t forget the super human power that you will have is only for doing the things that God’s Spirit asks you to do.  And only God must get the Glory for the great things that are done!


“Lord Jesus, thank You that You give me the strength and power to do anything You ask of me, even if the thing You ask seems impossible. Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment