Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Because Of Who He Is!



Click here to listen to blog

About twelve months later, I was walking on the flat roof of my royal palace and admiring the beautiful city of Babylon, when these things started happening to me. I was saying to myself, "Just look at this wonderful capital city that I have built by my own power and for my own glory!"
  But before I could finish speaking, a voice from heaven interrupted: King Nebuchadnezzar, this kingdom is no longer yours.  You will be forced to live with the wild animals, away from people. For seven years you will eat grass, as though you were an ox, until you learn that God Most High is in control of all earthly kingdoms and that he is the one who chooses their rulers.

This was no sooner said than done--I was forced to live like a wild animal; I ate grass and was unprotected from the dew. As time went by, my hair grew longer than eagle feathers, and my fingernails looked like the claws of a bird.  Finally, I prayed to God in heaven, and my mind was healed. Then I said: "I praise and honor God Most High. He lives forever, and his kingdom will never end.  To him the nations are far less than nothing; God controls the stars in the sky and everyone on this earth. When God does something, we cannot change it or even ask why."


At that time my mind was healed, and once again I became the ruler of my glorious kingdom. My advisors and officials returned to me, and I had greater power than ever before. That's why I say: "Praise and honor the King who rules from heaven! Everything he does is honest and fair, and he can shatter the power of those who are proud."


Daniel 4: 28-37


God is in control of even the mind of man.  When God chose to, he caused Nebuchadnezzar to be unable to think and live like a man.  So for 7 years the king lived in the fields with wild animals and ate grass!  

Then, when the king had come to know that God is in control of all earthly kingdoms and that He chooses their leaders, King Nebuchadnezzar regained his sanity and was restored to the throne.

Here is a sobering truth: Even your ability to think and reason and understand is a gift from God that He could withdraw at any moment.  I met a man once who had been an accomplished surgeon until a mugging left him bed ridden and unable to communicate about even the ordinary things in life.  

So, remember that your ability to think, reason and understand comes from God!  It is not because of how great you are that you are "smarter" than other men.  It is because of who He is that you have whatever capabilities you have!  No matter how important you may be in this life, you must humble yourself before Almighty God and recognize that everything you have is a gift from your Heavenly Father!

"Lord Jesus, me help today not to be stubborn about learning that You are in control of everything.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment