Tuesday, April 24, 2018

How to Truly Know Jesus!



Click here to listen to blog

I want you to know what a struggle I am going through for you, for God's people at Laodicea, and for all of those followers who have never met me.  I do it to encourage them. Then as their hearts are joined together in love, they will be wonderfully blessed with complete understanding. And they will truly know Christ. Not only is he the key to God's mystery, but all wisdom and knowledge are hidden away in him.

Colossians 2:1-3

When followers of Jesus Christ love Him and love each other the outcome of that sharing of life is amazing!  As the hearts of a fellowship of believers in Jesus are "joined in love" they will be wonderfully blessed with "complete understanding!"  No, I have no idea what "complete understanding" means, but you can be sure that it is a good thing.

I think even more importantly, when you are joined with other believers in love, you will come to "truly know Christ."  That, my friend, is indeed the goal of every disciple of Jesus.   

So if you want to know Jesus better, then walk in the love of your brothers and sisters.  Jesus was a human being who was filled with the fullness of God Himself and led by the Spirit of God in everything that He said or did.  When you are joined in love with other believers you come to know what it is like to walk with Jesus here on earth!  

The Bible says that whenever two or three Christians meet together in Jesus Name, that He is there as well.  And, of course Jesus is there inside every one of them!

If you choose not to fellowship with other believers you are missing a God ordained opportunity to get to truly know Jesus and you will not have the "complete understanding" that Jesus wants you to have!

"Lord Jesus, may I be joined in love to every follower of Yours that I know, so that I will come to truly know You and have complete understanding!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen." 


No comments:

Post a Comment