Saturday, June 16, 2018

Blinded by the Light




The LORD rules the whole earth, and he is more glorious than all the false gods.  Love the LORD and hate evil! God protects his loyal people and rescues them from violence.  If you obey and do right, a light will show you the way and fill you with happiness.  You are the LORD's people! So celebrate and praise the only God.

Psalm 97: 9 - 12

Once again Jesus spoke to the people. This time he said, "I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won't be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life."

John 8: 12

The light that shows you the way in the darkness of this world is Jesus Christ!  You may hear stories about a light at the other end of a tunnel of darkness!  If you are a Jesus follower the "Light" is with you always, so how could it be at the end of a tunnel?  

I have a small flashlight that is extremely bright.  The LED technology surpasses all the other systems by far.  With that light I can see a long way, even in total darkness!  But that same light can be dangerous if I look directly into it's beam.  The light that can show me the way can also blind me!  

The same is true of Jesus!  When Jesus is with you, or perhaps more accurately when you are with Jesus then His light will illuminate everything around you.  You will see things that others do not and really cannot see.  But if you approach the Lord without faith in Jesus, the Light that always shines from Him will blind you and confuse you!  

So if you follow Jesus, His light will show you everything.  But if you fight the Lord, His light will blind your eyes and your understanding will be darkened.  

Know this for certain: If you come to Jesus with Faith in Him, you will be blessed and you will see clearly the world around you.  But if you come to Jesus to oppose Him you will be blinded by His light until you yield your heart to Him.  

"Lord Jesus, I come to You to trust You in everything.  May I never set my will up against Yours.  Thank You Jesus for being the light that shows me all things.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment