Saturday, June 30, 2018

Jesus Wipes Away Tears!



Click here to listen to blog

I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth had disappeared, and so had the sea.  Then I saw New Jerusalem, that holy city, coming down from God in heaven. It was like a bride dressed in her wedding gown and ready to meet her husband.  I heard a loud voice shout from the throne: God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people.  He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.  Then the one sitting on the throne said: I am making everything new. Write down what I have said. My words are true and can be trusted.

Revelation 21: 1 - 5

When a mother wipes the tears from the eyes of her baby there is much more happening than just the removal of the tears!  When your tears are being wiped away you are almost always being held tightly in the arms of the one who is removing them.

If you are a follower of Jesus Christ here on earth, I would encourage you to imagine the beautiful relationship that you will have with Him in Heaven!  He will wipe your tears and in every way fill you with Peace and Joy forever.  The beat of your heart will mirror the beat of His Heart and it will for all eternity.  You will have a permanent place in the Kingdom of Heaven.  

The house I live in here on earth was built almost 100 years ago and it certainly does not look like new.  But the place that we will have in Heaven will be new every day!  There will be no “ravages of time” because there will be no time!

Think about a relationship with Jesus that never grows old and is not attacked by all the things that destroy relationships here on earth!  The most wonderful human relationship here on earth only touches the “hem of the garment” of what it will like with Jesus forever in Heaven! 

The best part of my relationship with Jesus is already in effect here on earth.  The most wonderful thing is this: Jesus Loves Me!  It is the title of a simple children’s song and the deepest theological concept imaginable!  Jesus Loves Me!  


“Lord Jesus, I need You today to wipe my tears and hold me close!  But Lord I am amazed beyond words to know that You love me!  How can I but follow You and give myself to You today and everyday for the rest of my life here on earth.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever. Amen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment