Monday, June 18, 2018

Who is Jesus?




"I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father.  If you had known me, you would have known the Father. But from now on, you do know him, and you have seen him."  Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."  Jesus replied: Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?  Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things.

John 14: 6 - 10

Jesus was the daily companion of the disciples for the three years He walked with them.  As a human being they knew Him better than anyone, and yet they did not grasp who He really was!  The disciples did not realize that when they looked at the face of Jesus they were looking at God Himself!  

God is One and God is Three!  God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit make up the fullness of God.  It is easy for us to forget, just as the disciples did that when you come to know Jesus you are experiencing a relationship with God Himself!  

Jesus reminded the disciples that the Father lived in Him!  The Bible also says to followers of Jesus that, Christ lives in you, and he is your hope of sharing in God's glory. (Colossians 1:27)

So when you “come to Jesus” and give yourself to Him there is much more that takes place than a simple decision to be a disciple.  You are opening up your heart to be possessed by the Holy Spirit and have Christ Himself live in you!  Then the Hope that you have will be that you will share in God’s Glory forever!  

And you are right when you say, “I don’t understand it, but I believe every Word that God has spoken!”


“Lord Jesus, may I see a little more today of who You really are, and how You want me to live.  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment