Wednesday, June 6, 2018

God Changes Things!



Click here to listen to Blog

Every tree in the forest will know that I, the LORD, can bring down tall trees and help short ones grow. I dry up green trees and make dry ones green. I, the LORD, have spoken, and I will keep my word.

Ezekiel 17: 24

Sometimes I find a verse in the Bible to which I have paid no attention at all before now.  This is one of those verses.  Even though God is the one who created nature itself, He can reverse the normal processes of nature.  God can not only bring down tall trees, but He can also make short trees grow tall.  He makes green trees dry up and He makes dry trees green again!

This verse speaks, or rather shouts about the power of God to change things that are into things that He wants them to be!  God has the power to change you into the person He wants you to be.  If you are too tall, He can make you shorter.  And if you are to short God can enable you to grow tall!

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I am what I am because God has applied His power to my life to do His Will, but also so that I can be what I am. 

"Do it yourself" and "Self Help" programs are not a part of God's design for followers of Jesus.  The proud man who stands and tells the world what a wonderful job he has done in becoming great, cannot bring glory to God with his testimony.  

If you have a need to be taller or shorter, dryer or greener, ask God to apply His power to your life and make you what you need to be!  Then the song of your life will be "How Great Thou Art" and not "How Great I Am!"

"Lord Jesus, may You be the source to supply every need in my life.  As the old song once said, "Make me and mould me after Your will!"  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment