Thursday, January 17, 2019

I Was Blind!



Click here to listen to blog

Jesus was followed by a large crowd as he and his disciples were leaving Jericho.  Two blind men were sitting beside the road. And when they heard that Jesus was coming their way, they shouted, "Lord and Son of David, have pity on us!"  The crowd told them to be quiet, but they shouted even louder, "Lord and Son of David, have pity on us!"  When Jesus heard them, he stopped and asked, "What do you want me to do for you?"  They answered, "Lord, we want to see!"  Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes. Right away they could see, and they became his followers.

Matthew 20:29-34

The reputation of Jesus preceded Him, so the two blind men cried out to Jesus for help!  Jesus was the only one they had ever heard of who could change blind eyes into ones that could see.

Both of them knew that Jesus was their only hope of seeing again!  Putting all embarrassment aside they cried out for Jesus to have pity on them.

The end of that story is that both men were healed and they became followers of Jesus!

The story of my life is simple.  Like the two blind men, I have problems in my life that no one but Jesus can fix!  And when the power of Jesus touches my weakness and turns it to strength, then Jesus gives me sight where I was blind!  My physical eyes were not blind, but my Spiritual Eyes were totally blind before I met Jesus!

Jesus shows me things that I didn't even know existed before I met Him.  Jesus shines His light on things that were hidden in the darkness of Eternity so that no one can see them without Him. In whatever ways you are blind and however you are weak, it is time to call out to Jesus and ask Him to have mercy on you!

And when the Power of Jesus heals you, gives you sight, removes your afflictions, it is time to become a follower of Jesus!  Like the blind men sitting beside the road, call out to Jesus and then get up and follow Him.  

"Lord Jesus, I am blind and I cannot see!  Please have pity on me.  Let me see again, and more importantly let me be Your follower today and every day for the rest of my life and for Eternity!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment