Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Jesus Your Obsession!




Click here to listen to blog

But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless.  Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.  All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did, so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:7-11

Planning for retirement is a "big deal" in the western world.  After you can no longer work, how will your needs be met?  So people are encouraged to spend lots of time and energy setting up their retirement plan!  We tell each other that retirement is the time to really enjoy life. 

But sometimes, even an "early retirement" plan is interrupted by an "early departure" from this world!  

Jesus is the only "life plan" that works forever!  There is no earthly tragedy which can abort your relationship with Jesus!  With Jesus, death itself will not be the "End" of life.  With Jesus, death will be the beginning of Eternal life and endless peace and joy!  

The perfect plan for your life is to know Jesus, and to know Him better every day!  Let knowing Jesus be the desire of your heart and the goal of your life!  When you become obsessed with Jesus in your life, then you will almost be to the point of giving Jesus the attention He deserves!

Paul, the Apostle said it best when he wrote the words, "All I want is to know Christ."  

"Lord Jesus, I confess that knowing You is more important than anything else in this world.  May I come to know You even better today than ever before!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."  


No comments:

Post a Comment