Sunday, April 7, 2019

Nations Become My People




Click here to listen to Blog

The LORD said: I gave this land to my people Israel, but enemies around it have attacked and robbed it. So I will uproot them from their own countries just as I will uproot Judah from its land.  But later, I will have pity on these nations and bring them back to their own lands.  They once taught my people to worship Baal. But if they admit I am the only true God, and if they let my people teach them how to worship me, these nations will also become my people.  However, if they don't listen to me, I will uproot them from their lands and completely destroy them. I, the LORD, have spoken.


Jeremiah 12:14-17

Men and women can become Christ Followers even while living among a godless crowd or in a nation that denies God altogether.  But nations can turn to God as well, and God will call them "My People."

Of course, the first priority is to call men and women to come to Jesus and give their hearts to Him.  But, an entire nation can publicly admit that God Almighty is the only true God, and honor Him in seeking to praise Him in everything they do, and the outcome will be amazing!

But when a nation, any nation separates God from the life of their country, the decline will come and it will be dramatic.  

Is God calling His children to jump into the arena of political controversy?  I think not.  But He definitely wants those who follow Him to be salt and light for the nation in which they live.  A nation that admits that the Creator God is the only true God and honors Him will see precious fruit come from those seeds.  

"Lord Jesus, may my land turn away from other gods and confess that You are the only true God.  And Lord may Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."




No comments:

Post a Comment