Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sing Happy Songs in the Shadow of His Wings



Click here. to listen to blog

You are my God.  I worship you.  In my heart, I long for you, as I would long for a stream in a scorching desert.  I have seen your power and your glory in the place of worship.  Your love means more than life to me, and I praise you.  As long as I live, I will pray to you.  I will sing joyful praises and be filled with excitement like a guest at a banquet. I think about you before I go to sleep, and my thoughts turn to you during the night.  You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 63:1-7

What would you do if you got the news that you just inherited several million dollars?  I'm not asking what you would do with the money, but rather what kind of expressions of joy would show the world around you?

You might jump, shout, clap your hands or even sing for joy! 

But without the good news of your inheritance it is impossible for someone not trained as an actor to convincingly demonstrate joy that is not there!

If you want to be a believable witness for Jesus, you must first let the Good News of Jesus Christ settle deep in your heart!  Then you will sing happy songs in the Shadow of His Wings.

Perhaps these are the words to the happiest song of all:
JESUS LOVES ME
THIS I KNOW
FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO!

"Lord Jesus, teach me more Happy Songs that I can sing in the shadow of Your Wings!  May Your Name be praised now and forever.  Amen."





No comments:

Post a Comment