Monday, April 29, 2019

When My Mind Fails



Click here to listen to blog

Once I was bitter and broken hearted.  I was stupid and ignorant, and I treated you as a wild animal would.  But I never really left you, and you hold my right hand.  Your advice has been my guide, and later you will welcome me in glory. In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want.  My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever.

Psalm 73:21-26

When my body fails, Jesus is my strength.  I may not be able to accomplish even the smallest task, but He will provide whatever it is that I need!

But what about when my mind fails?  When I can't choose the right thing, or perhaps I can't choose anything because my mind is suffering from simple memory loss or even what we today call dementia, what do I do then?  

The truth is that I can lose my mind without losing Jesus!  We put too much importance on the ability of a mind.  A man or woman with the most capable mind is not more precious to the Lord than the one with the least capable!  

Jesus looks at the heart, not the mind!  Turn your heart to Jesus every day and trust Him to take care of your mind.

"Lord Jesus, I know that someday my body will fail, and yes perhaps even my mind. But I am Yours and You will never fail me!  Praise Your Holy Name now and forever.  Amen."  

No comments:

Post a Comment