Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baptism of the Wicked!


Then the LORD said to Moses, "Get up early in the morning, confront Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me, or this time I will send the full force of my plagues against you and against your officials and your people, so you may know that there is no one like me in all the earth. For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Exodus 9:13-16

God “raised up” Pharaoh for the purpose of showing His own power so that everyone on earth would hear the name of the Lord. Pharaoh was not a nice man. Pharaoh did not fear God. Pharaoh, in fact rejected God at every turn even when the plagues from the Hand of God were severe. But in all of this, God was using Pharaoh in a mighty way to show everyone His own power!

Do you see any Pharaohs in the world today? Do you see any leaders that refuse to acknowledge the power and purpose of God in the world? Are there those who would remove God’s influence in the affairs of men? Is there wickedness in high places?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then what must we do in opposition to such evil? Some would say we must debate with evil. Debating with the forces of evil is a contest that only evil wins. Others say we must vote evil out of office. The corruption now rampant in the world precludes fair and honest elections. Evil will win again if we only try to vote it out.

The answer is this: We must march to the shore of the Red Sea and wait for the wind of God to part the waters. Then without fear we must walk on the dry land between the parted waters. Evil will follow but at that point its fate is sealed. After you cross the Red Sea then you can look back and praise the Lord as the waters wash over those who oppose God! It is a baptism of the wicked by the Hand of God and that baptism cleanses the land of evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment