Friday, September 18, 2009

Thirsty Again!


He opened the rock, and water gushed out;
like a river it flowed in the desert.

Psalm 105:41

The Bible tells the story of Moses and two rocks. Moses struck both rocks with his staff and missed going in to the Promised Land because of it. God told Moses to strike the rock the first time, but the second time he was only to speak to the rock. He did not. Moses struck the rock again and God was angry!

I believe this story is telling all of us about Jesus. Jesus is the Rock! When we were dying of thirst God allowed Jesus to be struck by dying on the cross and Rivers of Living Water came forth to save us from eternal death!

Now when Living Water is needed, and we all do every day, we must speak to the Rock not crucify Him!

“Lord, I am thirsty again. You filled me yesterday with the water that quenched my every desire. But now Lord I need that Water again. Without that water I cannot live. Without that water I am in anguish. Without that water I am the most miserable of all men. But one drink of the Water that flows from You and I can soar with the eagles and sing Your praises like an angel. I am drying up like a desert. Without that water I will soon be dead! Let the banks of Your River overflow and flood my life with Living Water! Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment