Thursday, September 3, 2009

Child of Abraham!

Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you." So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Galatians 3:6-9

My wife and I have been blessed with six children and now nineteen grandchildren. Four of our six children were adopted and the other two were birthed by my wife. One lesson in which we have been well schooled is that regardless of the path a child takes to come into our home his or her standing as a child in this family is equal and without discrimination.

I believe that adopting children is a great way to learn more about the family of God. When we believe in Jesus Christ we not only become Children of God, but also according to Paul in Galatians we become children of Abraham. So when God promised that His blessings would extend to Abraham’s descendants He was talking about me!

For years I have secretly wished I was a Jew. I know that may sound strange, but there is something amazing about the fact that God has chosen one race of people to be His family. The story of the Bible of course totally revolves around Jews and how God worked with them and used them to bring Jesus to the earth as my Savior. I thought it would be wonderful to discover that my ancestors were Jewish. I know this may sound odd since there is so much anti-Jewish sentiment in the world today, but I really would like to find that I am a blood relative of Abraham!

Well, according to these verses if I believe God I am a child of Abraham. I am not pretending to be a child of Abraham. I am a child of Abraham.

Now, that I know that I am a child of Abraham and of God Himself, I should look at the Will and see what He has in store for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment