Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cool Breeze for God!

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
      How unsearchable his judgments,
      and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
      Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
      that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
      To him be the glory forever! Amen.

Romans 11:33-36

Cultural Anthropology is a scientific discipline that studies the ways of men. It is an attempt to search out and understand why different peoples address similar human needs in very different ways. It is a fascinating and intriguing pursuit of knowledge not unlike a giant jigsaw puzzle cut out of humanity itself.

When a man comes to know Jesus he is tempted to become a spiritual cultural anthropologist and study the ways of God. And of course, there is nothing wrong with focusing on the acts of God and Jesus. Asking the question “What would Jesus do?” is never inappropriate. The problem arises when I study God as a cultural anthropologist rather than as a disciple. When I determine to judge God rather than letting God judge me, it is then that I cross the line.

I must realize that the well of God’s wisdom has no bottom! The volume of information on which God’s judgments are based is too large for any man to read in a thousand lifetimes. The path on which God is walking makes the most complicated human maze a simple endeavor.

When I give everything I have and am to God I may think that I have done a great and wonderful thing, but truthfully after I give everything to God, He is no more obligated to me than I am to a cool breeze that blows across my face for a moment.

So I stand in awe, sit in humility and fall down in worship and praise of the Creator of everything. I am indeed part of the “everything” that He Created!

My goal for this day and for life itself is to be a cool breeze on the Face of God. If I can bring even a moment’s pleasure to God then my life is a complete success. What I receive makes no difference. How well I understand Him is of no importance.

“Lord, even as Your Holy Spirit is like the wind, may I bring You pleasure as a cool breeze on Your Face!”

No comments:

Post a Comment