Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Mark of Jesus!

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.

Revelation 19:11-12

Ever since I discovered the ball point pen I have found writing on my hand to be useful. Ball point pens have ink that needs almost no time to dry and lasts through at least a couple of hand washings. Now, I have never drawn pictures on my hand. I simply use my hand for writing a phone number, web site address or some other tidbit I find essential to my overall well being when I have no paper to make a note.

I recently had a very insightful conversation with a man who has many tattoos on his body. He pointed to each one and told a poignant story which was memorialized by the tattoo. My temptation to feel disdain for someone with many tattoos went away.

If Jesus is the Faithful and True rider on the white horse in Revelation 19:11, then there is a name written on Jesus. It is a name that no one knows but Jesus. What could this mystery be? Why would Jesus have a name written on Him? And what name would it be? In this same chapter it says that Jesus has the name KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS written on His robe and on His thigh. But that must not be the name that no one knows except Jesus Himself.

Revelation 14:1 speaks of some believers who have the names of Jesus and God written on their foreheads. And Revelation 2:17 says: “To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.”

No one can explain this mystery until we stand before the Throne of Heaven, but there is a simple truth for all of us. As you go through life you will receive a mark!

You will be marked by Jesus or you will be marked by the Beast! Submitting to that mark is our only exercise of free will!

No comments:

Post a Comment